My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

June 09, 2005

A Dream with No Pictures

Last night i had a dream that the town i live in was being hit by napalm bombs. the person i saw dying was sly stallone...and i haven't even seen the contender. who knew that gasoline and styrofoam jelly could bring such a deadly sting...

the night before, i dreamed of axl. yeah you heard me. what does it mean when guns and roses are guest speakers in a class you have to go to because a little blue spirit boy told you he needed your help? turns out nothing happened in that class except someone stole my beads, and the rocket queens that started the class turned into a dave matthews type band covering mr.brownstone-acoustic. I'll let you make up your own mind about that one. i remember feeling it was time to leave.

turns out this class was in this huge castle type structure, i walked outside to a hilly and green park, the grounds were beautiful. from huge tree to tree outside, hung out for decoration were these great hand made quilty blankets, all covered in textured triangles sewn together squares of gypsy-like goodness. There was a teacher with frazzled blond hair wearing flowing purple panels of fabric that moved around her like she had no figure underneath. she was making gestures of thanks to thin air. she had two dogs with her keeping the crowd occupied and kept smiling at something beside her that no one else could see. i wondered what it was.



as i looked up into the clouds i saw something that looked like heat waves. as my focus on the area phased out, a piece of castle wall appeared rubbed out of the sky. the teacher saw my surprise and walked over to me smiling. she spoke without words and made a gesture with her hand across the horizon. the clouds cleared, and the castle wall appeared and stretched so far across the sky i couldn't comprehend. how did i not see this before? from blue spirits to hidden sky castles, i looked down and could now see the little blue sparks of energy beside her, that was supposed to represent a pet-which she was talking to earlier. I put my hand down to pet it, and it came up to meet me. it was like a tickle of pins and needles on my hand.

the teacher guided me away from the crowd and said all i had to to was look, we can all SEE...and that there was another reason i was here, in this dream. so now i realize i'm dreaming. she smiled and walked away, and i turned around to see a vision of my mom calmly patting the dust out of one of the gypsy quilts so she could bring it home with her.I was fully aware that this was a vision as i took my first step towards her. the image her, wrapped in violet too, seemed to sway with each footprint i left behind. my destination was a hug, a memory in the centre of a healing, soothing, swirling insense called Mom.

I didn't wake up at this point. If i had, i imagine a sadness would reside, like she was taken away too early again. I woke up walking away because i was ready, the energy of this whole dream left me feeling like everything was as it should be. I say that to myself alot, but to feel it so completely is a gift, especially when the waking world of 'forget the focus and take the shot' does indeed feel so relevant.

i never thought i'd be the lame-o blogging dreams. i know these entries aren't filled with big words and lots of pictures, give it time. sometimes its nice to create your own visuals.


Dreams are pure nature; they show us the unvarnished, natural truth, and are therefore fitted, as nothing else is, to give us back an attitude that accords with our basic human nature when our consciousness has strayed too far from its foundations and run into an impasse.

C.G Jung

1 comments:

Blogger Matthew Pazzol said...

Good to hear you're well. Matbe now that the important sleepy business is taken care of for a couple days, we can rendez-vous for a bite and some big-small-talk.
don't be too late,
i need to work in the morning.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home