My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

November 10, 2005

Milkyway Mudders

I remember a time of reciting one book out loud as many bedtimes as i could. Last night i read it again, with some help turning the pages. There's just something cozy about pink pajamas and feet taffy blue. your own voice grounding familar words, making you sleepy.



I watched this dumb episode of law and order with ken and tom before ï went to bed... early. after an episode of csi, tv just got too...yucky. i found my forhead knotted, and my breath held in my stomach without realizing. maybe i'm just sensitive to drama. ha. law and order was about this woman who stole a baby from a young teen mother who was found murdered. this was her second attempt at baby theiving. since i left early i didn't get to see the mystery solved but i don't care. people suck. either way i was completely disturbed by the scene in which this woman gets caught with the 5 day old baby she kidnapped. her husband, of course, is away all the time working over seas...turns out she had miscarried at 7 months and was traumetized, never said anything, the husband had come home to think this baby was theirs. The police take the baby and arrest her, the husband has no clue whats going on, and this woman is just going nuts. it was this horrible horrible scene of empty despair, powerful movements of distraught hands and faces. depressed and crazy at her childlessness, our kidnapper only thought to give this child a better life. whats really crazy is that something in me obviously identified with her and her lack of little one because it really upset me. Of course at some point i want kids, the legacy of something, little personalities to mess with, teach them to heal the world and how things grow. It will be interesting to see what little soul needs to learn some bazzare lessons this lifetime. My mind started knitting and internal dialogue took over. it sparked this careful ticking that everyone talks about, i'll be 27 soon and i don't want to be one of these 35 year old moms with a two year old. i mean how much time do we really have? take that, mix it with an incredibly thunderous rainy day, 3 parts "all my friends have one", add warm water and glaze it with i want my mommy and its a good thing you've got the bach rescue rememdy bedside table. no baking required. I think the point is, this is exactly why i don't watch a lot of tv. oi. i don't smoke, i don't do drugs, my body allows me only to take alcohol in thimbles at a time, and now its telling me i'm too sensitive to watch tv. I need to get out more. lets get it together auntie, its ok to nurture instincts. in another time i would have 5 kids by now. Had I been barren, i'd be cast out for being a witch.
moving on, i can't wait to dress my kids like tribal rugs and see if it scars them for life. If anything it will spark the creativity gene, give them something to love or hate. either way, I'll be laughing.


It was my brothers birthday yesterday, so to celebrate he went to see Coheed and Cambria. I haven't heard the show review from him yet, and the only thing i can see him having an issue with is the fact that it went from a more intimate show setting to the Docks. apparently these guys are in high demand in the T dot, so they sold an extra block of tickets and went bigger. hopefully no one got beats from the boomstick.

2 comments:

Blogger min_o said...

you'll make a wonderful, artsy mama, caca. =D i can see it now, ur walls will be covered with finger paintings and colourful cut-out snowflakes (no two are the same) and clay heads and gingerbread houses in may and big smiling sunflowers and feathers and beads and sparkly macaroni! ur gonna teach ur kids to make paper maché pinatas filled with seaweed snacks and chocolate filled marshmellows and i'll bring the big stick. it'll be awesome. u'll know when it's time. ;)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Datura said...

hahah with those ideas flowing so natually out of your head you have no choice but to be the fairy godmudder! ..you can bring the glitter toilet paper...

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home